Installation of Vortex Flowmeter
- Fluid conditions: Single-phase flow fills the entire pipeline, a small amount of bubbles and solid particles are allowed in the liquid, and a small amount of solids, dust particles and liquid mist are allowed in the gas. The dryness of saturated steam is not less than 85%. There must be no rotating flow and pulsating flow. Reynolds number Re>4000. The temperature and pressure are within the specified range.
- Pipeline conditions: there should be a long enough round straight pipe section before and after the sensor, the inner diameter of which is smooth and consistent with the diameter DN. The front and rear straight pipe sections change according to the front state to ensure that the fluid is in a fully developed flow state. See Figure 1.
- Installation of rectifier: due to site limitation, the length of straight pipe section cannot be met, so rectifier should be installed, as shown in Figure 2. It is a non-uniformly distributed porous rectifier with simple structure, low cost, easy installation, and low resistance loss. Installation is shown in Figure 3.
Figure 2 Rectifier
Figure 3 Installation of rectifier
4. Installation conditions of vortex flowmeter: Keep away from the vibration source. When there is vibration, add brackets to the front and rear straight pipes at 2D to reduce vibration. The sensor diameter circle should be concentric with the inner diameter circle of the front and rear straight pipe sections. When the flange is welded, there should be no protruding part in the pipe when the seal is clamped. The flow direction should be consistent with the direction of the arrow. (2, 3, and 4 positions are recommended for high temperature, 1 position for normal temperature and low temperature, and 3 for vertical pipes) as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 Installation position
- Installation of vortex flowmeter with temperature and pressure compensation: P-Pressure Transmitter, T-Temperature Transmitter, installed on the rear straight pipe section, see Figure 5.
Figure 5 Installation of meter with temperature and pressure compensation
6.Installation of vortex flowmeter in hazardous areas: The acceleration shock during transportation or installation is not allowed to exceed 2g. The installation requirements should comply with: “The People’s Republic of China Electrical Safety Regulations for Use in Explosive Hazardous Use Locations” stipulates that the meter must be used with power supply and signal safety barriers, or an explosion-proof sensor (transmitter) must be used, and it must not be directly connected to other power supply systems.